The Muffin-holic had to bake muffins again and this time I share with you my Apple Carrot and Cereal Muffins
I wanted something that was not sweet, and I had to lean more towards the healthy side. The only ingredient that I knew I wanted in this muffin, had to be carrots, so I invented this one as I went along. As many will know, that’s my standard way to create and just see what I have and then hope for the best ……
- 1¼ cup wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup Quaker Harvest Crunch Cereal (if you cannot find this particular one, feel free to use any cereal with some nuts in it)
- 1/3 cup Almond milk
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup golden yellow sugar (or regular brown sugar)
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup grated carrots
- ½ cup Apple sauce
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Mix almond milk and vinegar, and set aside for 5 minutes to thicken up, or you can use buttermilk if you have that in stock.
- Combine the flour, cinnamon, salt, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, and cereal.
- Whisk together oil, sugar, egg, carrots, apple sauce, and vanilla.
- Combine all ingredients, and mix through.
- Spray muffin pans and scoop out ± ½ cup per muffin (6 in total)
- Bake in preheated oven at 350F for ±20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the crown of the muffin comes out clean.
Created and prepared by Esme Slabs
A Few More Serving Suggestions:
Thanks for stopping by
As always, if you make this recipe please leave me a comment, rate the recipe, and tag me @_esmesalon on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch, so please sign up for my newsletter to get delicious homemade tried and tested recipes delivered to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, & Twitter as I would love to connect with you there!
If you require a wonderfully tried and tested recipe book for yourself, or as a gift, please visit the shop and look at all those excellent Recipe eBooks.