The Muffin-holic had to bake muffins again and this time I share with you my Apple Carrot and Cereal Muffins
I wanted something that was not sweet, and I had to lean more towards the healthy side. The only ingredient that I knew I wanted in this muffin, had to be carrots, so I invented this one as I went along. As many will know, that’s my standard way to create and just see what I have and then hope for the best ……
- 1¼ cup wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup Quaker Harvest Crunch Cereal (if you cannot find this particular one, feel free to use any cereal with some nuts in it)
- 1/3 cup Almond milk
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup golden yellow sugar (or regular brown sugar)
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup grated carrots
- ½ cup Apple sauce
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Mix almond milk and vinegar, and set aside for 5 minutes to thicken up, or you can use buttermilk if you have that in stock.
- Combine the flour, cinnamon, salt, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, and cereal.
- Whisk together oil, sugar, egg, carrots, apple sauce, and vanilla.
- Combine all ingredients, and mix through.
- Spray muffin pans and scoop out ± ½ cup per muffin (6 in total)
- Bake in preheated oven at 350F for ±20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the crown of the muffin comes out clean.
Created and prepared by Esme Slabs
A Few More Serving Suggestions:
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I’m on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes right to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast your eyes on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!