Easy, healthy and delicious Asparagus and Prawn Stir Fry
A lovely light Thai stir fry with chili, lemongrass, and lime leaves. A marriage made in a wok. Asparagus and Prawns.
- 10 Raw King Prawns, you can leave tails on or off your preference.
- 250 gm asparagus cut in half lengthwise and then cut into 5-inch pieces.
- Unless you are using Thai asparagus as that is very thin and I just cook whole or cut in half.
- 1 med onion thickly sliced.
- 3 garlic cloves finely sliced
- 4 spring onions cut into 2-inch pieces.
- A 1 cm piece of ginger, peeled and finely diced or you can grate.
- 1 lemongrass stalk bashed and very finely sliced.
- 4 lime leaves finely shredded.
- 3/4 tbsp fish sauce.
- 1tbsp oil. I use coconut oil but veg oil will do.
- 2 tbsp palm sugar
- 2 red chillies finely sliced.
- Coriander to garnish.
- Mix together the ginger, lemongrass, fish sauce and sugar and set to one side.
- Heat wok, add oil and when shimmering, add the prawns and cook 1-2 mins or until just pink and remove with a slotted spoon. Set to one side.
- Add onion and stir-fry for 2 minutes, add chillies, garlic and spring onions, this is when the chilli can get quite pungent and hubby exits the kitchen.
- Cook for 3/4 minutes.
- Pour over the sauce prepared earlier and cook for 3 minutes or until it is sticky.
- I add my prawns back into the pan after about 2 minutes as I don’t like my prawns overcooked.
- It is now ready to serve with some lovely steamed Jasmine rice and garnished with coriander.
- To serve 2 people
Prepared, tried, and tested by Carol Taylor