This most awesome and super delicious Baby Spinach Quinoa Casserole is to die for! You should try it at least once.
DAILY PROMPT: Relish – Original Post on The Daily Post
What is the meaning of the word “Relish“? When you explain it in the Cooking context, then it’s as follows: [rel-ish] in Cookery.
- something savory or appetizing added to a meal, such as pickles or olives.
- a sweet pickle made of various vegetables, usually chopped or minced.
- an appetizer or hors d’oeuvre.
- a pleasing or appetizing flavor.
- pleasing or enjoyable quality.
- taste or flavor.
So I present you with my very own creation of Cheesy Mushroom and Baby Spinach Quinoa Casserole served with Lamb Shanks, a pleasing and enjoyable dish I created this afternoon.
- 1½ cups dry quinoa (cooked as per package directions)****
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 2 heaped teaspoons of minced garlic
- 6 large sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups Baby spinach leaves
- ½ small packet of baby carrots (steamed)
- ½ onion, chopped
- ½ cup sharp cheese
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup flour
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 extra eggs for topping
- Additional ½ to 3/4 cup cheese as a topping
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Spray a 10×10 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Prepare quinoa as per package directions ****
- Melt butter, add garlic, and sauté mushrooms until golden brown.
- In a large bowl mix quinoa, shredded spinach, steamed carrots, mushrooms, onions, and cheese.
- Mix 5 eggs, milk, and flour and whisk to ensure no lumps are visible.
- Add to rest of the ingredients to the bowl and mix through.
- Season generously with salt and freshly ground pepper and mix.
- Place all ingredients in a baking dish and top with the remaining 2 beaten eggs. Just spread it over the top and it will sink in.
- Bake at 375F till well set and slightly brown at the top, ± 30-45 minutes
- Add additional cheese and return to oven and grill till bubbly and serve.
- To me, this has a very pleasing and enjoyable taste and flavor.
- **** I had some leftovers from a previous dish and decided to create something different, and also pleasing and enjoyable.
Inspired by a number of different recipes seen on the internet. My very own creation, prepared, tried, and tested by Esme Slabs
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.