This Baby Squid Salad is a delicious spicy seafood salad
I love cooking food but especially Thai food (and Indian) is a very close 2nd. I think I was born in the wrong country sometimes. This is one of my favorite salads and from someone who absolutely hated squid (well that rubbery batter-coated) stuff that was called squid, I was then introduced to this and it is amazing so fresh and vibrant and of course, it has chilies and fish sauce 🙂
- 400 gm(14oz) baby squid
- 5 Spring Onions (sliced)
- 5 sm shallots (thinly sliced)
- 20 cherry tomatoes ( halved)
- half sm cucumber sliced and quartered.
- Coriander big bunch or again to taste, I like lots (chop)
- Mint ( optional)
- 3 Birds Eye Chillies chopped (seeds optional)
- 2 tbsp Fish Sauce
- Half lime, juice
- Palm Sugar (up to 2 tbsps) is again optional I don’t use but depends on personal preference.
- Clean Squid.
- Get all membrane off and remember to pull out the plastic quill.
- Cut head/parrots beak off leaving the tentacles(the best bit)
- Slice squid into 3/4 to inch slices.
- Heat a small amount of water in a pan and add squid, cook until opaque less than a minute,
- Drain on kitchen paper and combine with other ingredients.
- Again TASTE and check the seasoning. You cannot taste too much.
- I just love Thai food because of the taste and also because of the ease of preparation.
- It takes longer to chop ingredients than to cook the dish the majority of the time.
- And as long as you remember to TASTE, taste and adjust seasoning to your personal taste and as you know by now I love chillies, fish sauce, coriander and mint in abundance.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Carol Taylor
5 thoughts on “Baby Squid Salad”
Reblogged this on Retired? No one told me! and commented:
Thank you, Esme, for posting this…This is one my favourite Thai salads of all time ….So easy to make so I thought I would share with you all 🙂
Thank E’s this is one of my favourite salads 🙂
Thanks for sharing with us Carol
Reblogged this on Die Erste Eslarner Zeitung – Aus und über Eslarn, sowie die bayerisch-tschechische Region! and commented:
Preshana’s Cupcakes with fresh cream