Quick Breakfast on this overcast and gloomy Saturday morning, Bacon and Cheese Pinwheels
- 1 roll puff pastry
- Grated Cheese
- Bacon bits
- Slivered almonds
- Let puff pastry defrost, but it should still be cold when you work with it.
- Unroll, keep on parchment paper
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese
- Add Bacon bits
- 2 tbsp of slivered almonds
- Roll up like a jam roll and cover in parchment paper.
- Freeze for ± 15 minutes
- Take out and cut in 1″+ thick slices
- Use a brush and paint with egg wash (egg and milk mixture)
- Bake on parchment paper at 375F till done and you have a nice brown and toasted pinwheel
- For the second roll, I substituted the bacon for Biltong (Jerky) pieces and omitted the almonds.
- It is so yummy.
Prepared by Esme Slabs