- 1kg of boneless skinless chicken breast cut in half or in thirds
- 2 cups of your favorite BBQ sauce (I used CattleBoyz Original BBQ Sauce)
- 1 tbsp of cider vinegar and 1 tbs pure white vinegar
- 2 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp of minced garlic
- 2 tbs of Maple syrup
- 250g Thick sliced bacon
- Mix sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, maple syrup, and garlic together.
- Cut chicken breast into bite-size chunks
- Slather chicken pieces with sauce and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Wrap the bacon slices around the chicken, you may end up using half the strip, depending on the size of the chicken used.
If you do this in the oven:
- Place bundles in a baking dish giving each piece some room. Don’t crowd them in there.
- Brush any leftover marinade over the bacon chicken bundles
- Broil for about 15 minutes or until chicken juices run clear
- We opted to do it on the BBQ, on the top shelf to ensure it is cooked to perfection.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Esme from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs and SA Tasty Recipes – Saffas Daily Recipes
- Serving Size: 3 parcels
- Calories: 365
- Sugar: 24.9 g
- Sodium: 941 mg
- Fat: 11.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 31.2 g
- Fiber: 0.8 g
- Protein: 31.7 g
- Cholesterol: 97.7 mg
Keywords: Bacon, Poultry