As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
A delicious pastry-like dessert that is common to Indian households. I am sure you will also love Baked Poli
Ingredients for Dough
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1/2 cup fresh cream
- 125g butter
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Desiccated coconut
- Sesame seeds
- Nibbed almonds
- *condensed milk can also be added, about 3 tbs*
Method for filling
- Mix all together
Method for Dough
- Sift cake flour and baking powder.
- Rub the butter into the flour until it resembles bread crumbs.
- Add fresh cream to the flour mixture.
- Roll out and cut small circles.
- Fill with the above filling and fold in half.
- Press edges down with a fork to seal.
- Bake at 180 C for approx 15 – 20 min. Should be light brown just like shortbread.
- Once baked immediately dust with castor sugar.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Cas VanderbylMeth
2 thoughts on “Baked Poli”
Dough came out very soft after baked not like a normal poli baked biscuit dough what happed
Hi Varisha, I will get in touch with Caz, the lady that shared this recipe in the FB group and will ask her to help us out here and report back asap.