This Bananas with toffee sauce is extremely decadent and very sweet
- 4 Bananas
- Brown sugar
- Whipping cream
- I sliced the bananas in half lengthwise and then fried them in the pan with some butter.
- I had to add a bit more butter here and there as I went along to keep it from sticking.
- Once they were caramelized on both sides, I took them out of the pan and set them aside.
- Then I scooped a couple of heaped teaspoons of brown sugar into the warm butter and stirred it to dissolve.
- To that, I added a bit of whipping cream – I only had about 30mL or so left after using the rest in another recipe, so I used what I had. I think it could do with more cream to balance out the sweetness. Anyway, I took it off the heat and stirred in the cream.
- Then I poured the toffee over the bananas and served it with ice cream.
It is extremely decadent and very sweet. Next time I’ll serve it with whipped cream (unsweetened) or leave the toffee. But it was certainly very good this way too if you like it sweet.
Prepared, tried, and tested by: Corlea Smit made it up from online recipes