🌈 Beautiful Soft Rainbow Cupcakes
To make this, use one batch of the Supersoft cupcakes mixture
- 4 eggs (separated)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 1½ cups cake flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup boiling water
- Beat egg whites till stiff.
- Add castor sugar a little at a time till all is used and there are no more granules.
- Add the yolks and vanilla and beat well, mix the oil and boiling water
- Sift the flour and baking powder
- Then add the flour and oil mixture simultaneously little at a time to the egg whites till all are used up and smooth.
- Divide dough into 3 and color them as desired
- Pour into cupcake cases and bake @ 170°C for +- 15 minutes.or till skewer comes out clean.
Marshmallow Frosting for these Beautiful Soft Rainbow Cupcakes
- 6 egg whites
- 1½ cups sugar
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- 1 & ½ tsp vanilla essence
- In a dry stainless steel bowl add your egg whites
- Place it on top of a pot with boiling water making sure the bowl is not touching the water, keep the pot on the stove on low heat
- Start whisking the eggs by hand, add the sugar and continue to beat until the egg whites are warm and the sugar is dissolved
- Take it off the heat and use a hand beater start beating, add the vanilla and cream of tartar.
- Beat continuously for about 10 minutes until the frosting is nice and fluffy
- Use immediately
Pipe on the cupcakes
You can use a blow torch to toast the tops if you like
Feriel modified and instead of the marshmallow frosting used a creamed cheese frosting and piped it in rosettes.
TIPS AND TRICKS
- Ziploc bags! Use a Ziploc bag to pipe the batter into the cupcake holders, as it is much easier than spooning and spreading each layer.
- Looking for stunning and perfect white frosting rather use shortening over butter, although, *personal preference*, I think butter tastes better than shortening.
- Be cautious, DO NOT overbake the cupcakes, as you for sure DO NOT want the tops turning brown.
- In order to get that perfect and beautiful star, you should use a large closed star decorating tip.