Read all about this #Blogtour Guest Post: #Paperbackrelease for The Curse of TIme
I am pleased to introduce you to our Next Guest: Marje @ Kyrosmagica
Read all about her new Paperback!!
I am a debut author who has been blogging for three years at my lovely blog home Kyrosmagica: https://mjmallon.com My interests include writing, photography, poetry, and alternative therapies. I write Fantasy YA, middle-grade fiction, and micro poetry – haiku and Tanka. I love to read and have written over 100 reviews: https://mjmallon.com/2015/09/28/a-z-of-my-book-reviews/
My alter ego is MJ – Mary Jane from Spiderman. I love superheroes! I was born on the 17th of November in Lion City: Singapore, (a passionate Scorpio, with the Chinese Zodiac, sign a lucky rabbit,) second child and only daughter to my proud parents Paula and Ronald. I grew up in a mountainous court in the Peak District in Hong Kong with my elder brother Donald. My parents dragged me away from my exotic childhood and my much-loved dog Topsy to the frozen wastelands of Scotland. In bonnie Edinburgh, I mastered Scottish country dancing and a whole new Och Aye lingo.
As a teenager, I traveled to many far-flung destinations to visit my abacus wielding wayfarer dad. It’s rumored that I now live in the Venice of Cambridge, with my six-foot hunk of a Rock God husband, and my two enchanted daughters. After such an upbringing my author’s mind has taken total leave of its senses! When I’m not writing, I eat exotic delicacies while belly dancing, or surf to the far reaches of the moon. To chill out, I practice Tai Chi. If the mood takes me I snorkel with mermaids or sign up for idyllic holidays with the Chinese Unicorn, whose magnificent voice sings like a thousand wind chimes.
Books by M J Mallon:
The Curse of Time – Book 1 – Bloodstone
Fifteen-year-old Amelina Scott lives in Cambridge with her dysfunctional family, a mysterious black cat, and an unusual girl who’s imprisoned within the mirrors located in her house. When an unexpected message arrives inviting her to visit the Crystal Cottage, she sets off on a forbidden pathway where she encounters Ryder, a charismatic, but perplexing stranger.
With the help of a magical paint set, and some crystal wizard stones she discovers the truth about a shocking curse that has destroyed her family’s happiness.
Title: The Curse of Time Book 1 – Bloodstone
Kindle Publication date: 27th August 2017
Genre: YA/Paranormal Fantasy
Buy Book: myBook.to/TheCurseofTime
Intended Paperback Release date – April 2018
Genre: YA/Paranormal Fantasy
The paperback includes additional material
Unique Selling Point:
Unique, Imaginative, ‘Charming, enchanting, and richly layered this is purely delightful.’
The blog tour begins in April with my #ABRSC club pals, followed by a tour with Neverland Blog Tours. (Jenny Marston is also a #ABRSC member!) http://neverlandblogtours.weebly.com/
Twitter M J Mallon @Marjorie_Mallon
Twitter The Curse of Time @curseof_time
My Facebook Authors/Bloggers Support Group
Carolina Russo has created two wonderful portraits of my characters which feature in my paperback which is due for release in April. Below you can see the full-color version of the images, please note the paperback images are in black and white.
Esme and The Creature
The above images are Copyright ©Carolina Russo: https://yesterdayafter.com
I heard a noise and turned to the door watching as Jade’s mum, Alice, walked into the shed, breaking the magical spell Ryder had cast upon us. Both of her hands were full, and she carried a tray filled with an array of Asian foods. When she spotted Ryder, she stopped in her tracks, and an expression of surprise lit up her features. Just in time, she caught herself as she had nearly tipped the food off the tray into Ryder’s lap. Embarrassed, Alice turned away from Ryder before he could notice the flushed look on her face.
I grinned as Alice recovered with ease and smoothed down her tailored dress. ‘Oh, how nice to see your new friend, girls.’ She smiled at Ryder and said, ‘Please stay, and have some food. You’re more than welcome.’
Ryder’s face turned into an instant mask, appropriate for parents only. ‘Sorry, I’d love to, but I can’t stay too long, I have to return the video equipment.’
‘Oh, that’s such a shame. You must come back again. Thank you so much for recording for the girls,’ said Alice. ‘They appreciated you helping.’
‘It’s my pleasure,’ said Ryder. He enunciated slowly, and the word pleasure lingered in the air, like a caress.
The girls stood, rooted to the spot, watching the scene play out before them. I couldn’t believe the exchange between Ryder and Jade’s mum. In fact, all our mouths hung open in surprise. Alice appeared to be on the verge of a spectacular hot flush. Without a doubt, she looked like she could do with one of those Chinese fans to cool herself down. Instead, she resorted to calming her heated emotions by welcoming us in her usual manner. ‘Selamat Datang. Lunch is ready.’
As was her custom, Alice had prepared a feast. Displayed in brightly coloured Chinese bowls were spring rolls, dainty curry pastry puffs, orange-coloured prawn crackers, garlic prawns with a chilli dipping sauce, and little bowls of tasty fried rice. Alice handed out chopsticks and tiny cups of green tea. The aroma overwhelmed me, and my stomach growled anticipating the meal.
Jade’s dad, Peter, even appeared. He glanced at Ryder, and said a brief, ‘Hi.’ He seemed more interested in the incredible array of food. He grabbed a spring roll and took a bite. ‘You know it’s a wonder that Alice is such a good cook, considering her aunt brought her up, and she couldn’t cook at all!’ Peter hovered, crunching his spring roll and gaping, his mouth salivating.
He bent down to pick up one of the garlic prawns, but his wife rapped his knuckles. ‘Not for you Peter, you got slim line salad back at the house. Come.’ He pulled a long face and followed his wife back out the door. I couldn’t help but feel sorry for him. Poor Peter! Punishment for mentioning Alice’s aunt no doubt!
Jade giggled and rolled her eyes. ‘Oh, my God! They’re gone. Hurrah! Aren’t parents embarrassing?’
‘You could say that,’ answered Ilaria. The girls clustered around the fragrant dishes filling their plates from the bowls filled with food.
It was strange, but I didn’t feel hungry. A moment ago my famished stomach had grumbled yet now I felt distant and preoccupied with my own thoughts. My eyes were heavy and my limbs even more so. Exhaustion settled in my bones. I sat in a chair to rest and watched the girls begin their meal.
Fun facts about Marje:
- I wish I could be wonder woman or MJ from Spiderman.
- I adore crystals, alternative therapies, the unusual and the strange. I’m a qualified Aromatherapist, Reflexologist, (I no longer work as a therapist instead I devote my spare time to reading, writing, blogging, and reviewing.)
- Some say that I am a white witch…my blogging friends confer and have included me in the Sisters of The Fey, a writerly collaboration.
- My husband can’t remember asking me to marry him and neither can I. He suspects I cast a spell on him!
- I have traveled to many foreign destinations, including Papua New Guinea, Fiji, the Caribbean, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Rome, Venice, France, Germany, Spain, Belgium, and Portugal. I would love the funds to travel some more!
- I currently work as a receptionist in a massive building, home to twenty companies. In quiet moments I observe peoples’ mannerisms, listen to snippets of gossip and dream up new story ideas.
- I love food! Asian food and anything spicy, yum…My mother is Malaysian and my father is Scottish so I grew up with a very varied diet.
- My motto is to do what you love! Stay true to your heart’s desires, remain young at heart, and inspire others to do so, even if the odds are stacked against you like black-hearted shadows.
- I studied Communication Studies at University, (marketing, media studies, public relations, etc.) My degree is coming in mighty handy now.
- I love cats but don’t own one (my husband and daughter are allergic,) so I adopted a virtual black cat called Lily who looks like my black cat character Shadow in my book: https://mjmallon.com/2017/05/17/shadow-welcomes-lily-the-cat-to-kyrosmagica/
- I have so many writing projects and so little time! I am a writing butterfly so this pains me greatly!
- I am an original! I have been to every single Bloggers Bash until now. http://sachablack.co.uk/annual-bloggers-bash/
- I have met the inventor of The Corpus Christi Chronopage clock – Dr John C Taylor, OBE who kindly gave me permission to use his images in my book. http://www.johnctaylor.com/the-chronophage/
- I interview my fictional characters on my blog. Currently, you can meet:
Finalist in Authorsdb Book Cover Contest
Winner of Carrot Ranch Flash Fiction Challenge no. 7 with my murderous flash –