As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What to do with leftover bread? Well you make Bread and Butter Pudding
Ingredients for Bread and Butter Pudding
- 50g/2oz butter, plus extra for greasing
- 8 thin slices of bread
- 50g/2/3oz sultanas
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 350ml/12fl oz whole milk
- 50ml/2fl oz double cream
- 2 free-range eggs
- 25g/1oz granulated sugar
- Nutmeg, grated, to taste.
- Grease your dish/dishes with butter.
- Now get your bread ready, butter one side of the bread, and cut in fingers or triangles depending on what shape dish you are using.
- Instead of butter, you can put jam or marmalade on the bread. Me I love it JUST with butter.
- Take 2 eggs for a medium pudding or I sometimes use ramekins which then would make 4/5 small puddings, whisk the eggs and add the milk and cream, stir well.
- Arrange bread in the dish and sprinkle some dried raisins in between the layers finishing with the bread.
- Sprinkle a small amount of sugar over the top and pour the egg mixture over leave to absorb the egg mix, if needed top it up a little with milk.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/355F/Gas 4.
- Cook for 30/40 minutes if using a large dish or smaller ramekins take approx 20/25 mins, cook until well risen and golden,
- Serve on its own or with custard.
What to do with leftover bread? Well, lots as it is: You can make breadcrumbs which can be used in numerous ways, Bread pudding, Summer Pudding or Bread and butter pudding.
Today, I am giving you the recipe for Bread and butter Pudding. In England, there is a definite difference between Bread Pudding and Bread and Butter pudding. They are totally different dishes. Bread pudding is denser, Bread and Butter pudding is lighter.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Carol Taylor
18 thoughts on “Bread and Butter Pudding”
Oh Carol, you are going to get me fat! Looks delish! 🙂 x
I told her the same dear, this one is calling my name, loud and clear
I know *covering ears* 🙂 x
Hear no evil, see no evil and speak no evil …… hihi
But eat the sinfully good. 🙂
I will just have to eat with the ‘eyes’ and not by mouth
Ooooh, I love bread and butter pudding 🙂
Awesome – then you should try this one
Yes, I will 🙂
Instantly evokes happy memories of my maternal grandmother who made a wonderful B&B Pudding … I have her recipe somewhere but it is in a box with most of my other books pending a permanent move. So in the meantime, this will do very nicely – here I would normally make Pain Perdu but this calls my name! On another note. I am set up on the recipe hunter but can you remind me of your email so I can send through my pictures. I am os***************@gm***.com in case you need it. I am terribly late to the party but I do have my Guest post for the August #G event pretty well sorted in my head which means I can write it and have it ready to go probably tomorrow or Weds. Sorry to be such a nuisance – I think it might be my middle name 😉
Ooooh that’s awesome: My email address co**********@sh**.ca No trouble at all, I am just so happy to have you on board. Just remember to add a picture of yourself as well as the images for your post, approval to use your own pic, link to your blog and also add your social media info at the end of the post then visitors can see and hop over to you as well. Thanks, I will check once back from work tonight for email etc.
It’ll be tomorrow or Weds before it hits your inbox!!
All good my dear – no rush, I will keep an eye out for it.
Reblogged this on The Militant Negro™.