Recipe for bread pudding
– 1 x loaf (16 slices) white bread with the crusts removed.
– 500ml full cream milk.
– 2 x tsp sugar, you can use more if you want a sweeter bread pudding.
– 8 eggs.
– 3 pieces of cinnamon sticks.
– 2 x tsp vanilla essence.
– Fine cinnamon for sprinkling over the top of the bread pudding.
– 3 blobs of butter.
– Lightly grease a dish and set aside.
– Break the bread up into pieces and place in the dish.
– In another bowl, mix the eggs, the milk, sugar and vanilla essence until the sugar has dissolved.
– Pour this mixture over the pieces of bread and press down on the bread so that all the pieces are covered with the egg mixture.
– Sprinkled the fine cinnamon over the top, place the cinnamon sticks and blobs of butter on top.
– Bake in a preheated oven at 180degrees till firm which is roughly 30 to 40 minutes, all depending on your oven.
Recipe for homemade custard
– 3 x tbsp. custard powder.
– 3 x tbsp. sugar.
– 500ml milk.
– Heat milk 440ml in a sauce pan, till it starts to simmer.
– While the milk is heating up, in another bowl, mix the 60ml of left over milk with the custard powder and sugar.
– Once the milk on the stove has started to simmer, add the custard powder mixture, stir well and let simmer for 2 minutes.
– Remove from heat and enjoy hot with bread pudding.
The bread pudding recipe is a family recipe and the custard recipe i got off the back of the custard powder tin. I took a picture of my end results.
Source, baked and posted by: Bobby Swanson