Butter Biscuits that will melt in the mouth with delicious glazed toppings
- 250 gram of butter
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 cup cornflour
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- Cream butter and sugar until creamy.
- Beat in egg yolk. Add cornflour and mix well.
- Mix in the flour to form a soft dough.
- Using a biscuit gun or cutters – shape your biscuits
- Bake at 180 deg. For 15 – 20 mins.
- Decorate as desired
- Use a butterfly biscuit cutter. Use a straw to make holes a bake. Thread a ribbon through after the biscuit bakes. These are the antennae. Use sweets for other details.
- Use glace icing to coat the biscuits. Maybe write little words on them.
- Colour the dough in three different colors. Roll out and stack them then roll them up. Slice like a swiss roll and bake. Dip the sides in chocolate and roll in sprinkles.
- Dip in chocolate and drizzle with white choc
- Cut any shape of your choice and insert a wooden skewer at the bottom before baking. Make sure it isn’t sharp.
Prepared, tried, and tested by: Layne Ram