Delicious Carrot Cake with cream cheese topping and chopped walnuts
- 2 cups demerara sugar
- 2 cups cake flour
- 4 eggs
- 1c oil
- 2tsp fine cinnamon
- 1tsp fine ginger
- 1tsp mixed spice
- ½ tsp salt
- 2c grated carrot
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (50g)
- 2tsp baking powder
- 1/2tsp bicarbonate of soda.
- In a bowl whisk together sugar & eggs till creamy.
- Add in the oil and mix it through.
- Sift in dry ingredients & mix well.
- Lastly, add in the grated carrot & walnuts.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for ± 35-45min until the skewer inserted comes out clean.
Ingredients Cream cheese topping
- 1 tub cream cheese
- ±1c icing sugar
- 60ml (3Tblsp) softened butter
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- In a bowl cream soft butter until creamy.
- Add in icing sugar 1Tblsp at a time & whisk till lump-free.
- Add in cream cheese & mix with lemon juice till smooth & creamy & lump-free.
- The mixture must be a thick but spreadable consistency.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Fatima Isaacs