I present you with the easiest energy treat ever, Cashew Date and Wine Balls. This one also has a teeny weeny bit of sweet wine added to the mix.
- 1 cup unsalted cashews
- ¼ cup Steel cut oat blend
- 8 Soft Tunisian dates
- 1½ tbsp Dutch Dark Cocoa
- 2 tbsp Sweet Shiraz (red wine)
- Drop the cashews and oats in a food processor.
- Plonk the dates through the shoot, one by one, and continue blending.
- As you blend, add the cacao powder.
- As I found the mixture a bit on the dry side, I decided to be different (as I usually do with any recipe) and added the sweet shiraz, 1 tbsp at a time, as it was sitting on the tabletop next to the blender.
- It just gave me that little extra bit of moisture and it’s perfect.
- Take it out of the blender, and should you end up with some ingredients, not properly incorporated, just kneed it with your fingers, and voila, you have a nice sticky mixture coming together in one big lump.
- I used a 12.5ml measuring spoon (slightly heaped) to scoop up the mixture and then rolled it in the palm of my hands and formed the balls.
- Place the balls on a baking tray, and then pop them in the fridge until the balls are set and hardened.
- Notes: I doubled the above recipe and now have 27 balls, of ± 12.5ml size ready to munch on. Without a doubt, I had to test one, but have to admit, I ended up testing more than just one. I will not say how many …..
Modified and prepared by Esme Slabs
The original Post and credit go to my fellow blogger: foodbycamilla
Copyright © 2022 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.