Now does this Cauliflower Rice not look like the real deal?
- And all you need is a Cauliflower and an Onion.
- A little Coconut oil to cook or other oil of your choice.
- Sea Salt and a squeeze of Lemon Juice.
- Either grate or blitz in a food processor (but not too fine) you want some texture.
- Heat pan and keep pan HOT as you don’t want Cauliflower to steam and go soggy.
- Use 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil and put in desired amount of Cauliflower and onion mix.
- Cook quickly and then season, add lemon juice.
- All in all it only takes a few minutes to cook, a bit longer if more than one portion but remember keep the pan hot.
- If you wish to vary the taste you can add 1 tsp of Cumin seeds to oil before adding Cauliflower if you are eating Indian Food.
- If you require colour if eating Mexican, then add ½ tsp turmeric to oil and 1 tsp tomato puree.
- This is very versatile and just use your imagination and add any herbs and spices that you like.
- To store: I make a batch of the cauliflower and keep in fridge for during the week but keep in glass jar or zip lock bag.
- I think plastic containers may make it sweat too much.
- Enjoy, and if you are cutting the carbs, it is an ideal and yummy substitute for rice and I love rice, I eat it all the time but happily substitute this as I am also a cauliflower lover
Prepared, tried, and tested by Carol Taylor