This gorgeous Chargrilled peaches with green beans and almonds summer salad is a beautiful contrast of bright colors, textures, and flavors.
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
- 100ml apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander seeds, toasted, lightly crushed
- 1 star anise
- Pinch of chili flakes
- 4 peaches, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to brush
- 500g green beans, trimmed
- 1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (35g) slivered almonds, toasted
- To make the pickling mixture, combine the sugar, vinegar, coriander, star anise, and chili in a saucepan over low heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool.
- Preheat a chargrill pan over high heat.
- Brush the peach wedges with a little oil, then cook, turning once, for 1-2 minutes until lightly charred.
- Transfer peaches to the pickling mixture and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blanch the beans in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes until just tender. Drain and refresh in iced water.
- Drain peaches, reserving liquid, then transfer to a bowl with beans and onion.
- Drizzle with oil and a little reserved peach liquid and scatter with almonds to serve.
Source, recipe, and picture courtesy Delicious