As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Lovely Indian Cheese and Sweetcorn Samoosas, perfectly folded and outstanding delicious
- 1 kg ready-made or homemade samoosa Pur (defrosted)
- 1kg sweetcorn, washed and drained
- 250g margarine
- 1 cup chives, finely chopped
- 5oog cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 1/2 onion, grated
- 1/4 green pepper
- In a nonstick pan, heat the margarine over the stovetop on a medium heat setting.
- When the margarine has melted, stir in the grated onion and green pepper.
- Simmer until the onions have turned a translucent color.
- Add in the sweetcorn and simmer until the sweetcorn has cooked through.
- Stir in the chopped chives.
- Remove the sweetcorn from the stovetop and add in the grated cheese.
- Allow the sweetcorn mixture to cool for a few minutes.
- Place the samoosa Pur on a damp tea towel.
- Remove 1 sheet of samoosa Pur and place it onto a flat surface.
- Fold one end of the Pur over to form a small triangle.
- Continue this step once more in the opposite direction. This will form a small pocket.
- Add a spoonful of the sweetcorn mixture into the Pur pocket.
- Continue folding the Pur as in Steps 10 and 11.
- A sweetcorn-filled triangle should be the end result.
- Seal the ends of the samoosa triangle with the flour mixture.
- To make the flour mixture, mix together 1 cup of flour with water to form a sticky paste.
- Ensure that the samoosa is sealed well to prevent it from opening up when fried in the oil.
- Continue with steps 10 to 13 until all of the sweetcorn mixtures is finished.
- Fry the sweetcorn samoosa in hot oil till golden brown.
Prepared, tried, and tested: Bobby Swanson