A delicious moist cake,full of sweet cherries and top with buttery crumble topping fabulous.
350g fitted ripe fresh sweet cherries
150g self raising flour plus 1 tbsp
A hepty pinch of ground cinnamon
50g sugar (1/4 cup)
1 large free range egg
30ml of milk (1/8 cup)
3&1/2 ounces melted butter
For the topping
1 ounce flour( 4 tbsp)
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 punce butter
Icing sugar for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 180C butter an 8″ cake tin with removable bottom and line with parchment paper.
2. Whisk the melted butter together with the milk and egg .
3. Sift the flour and sugar and cinnamon into bowl make a well in the middle and then add the liquid indredients all at once , mix together to make a smooth thick batter and then spread it into the prepared pan.
4. Drop the cherries on top , pressing down just slightly.
5. Whisk together the flour, cinnamon and sugar for the crumble topping rub into butter with your fingertips until the mixture is all crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over the top of the cherries.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutesuntil well risen and golden brown .and allow to cool stand for at least 10 minutes before removing from a pan . Dust with icing sugar to serve.
Prepared, Tried and Tested: All joy’s lovely cooking