– 1 x braai pack of chicken fillet, clean and chopped into cubes.
– 1 x cup of peas.
– 6/7 x potatoes, cleaned and chopped into halves.
– 2 x tbsp. masala.
– 2 x chopped cloves of garlic.
– ¼ x tsp tumeri powder.
– ¼ x tsp jeera powder.
– ¼ x tsp dhania powder.
– 4/5 x ripe tomatoes, peeled and cut into quarters.
– Bay leafs.
– Cinnamon sticks.
– ¼ x tsp garam masala to sprinkle over the finished food.
– 1 x onion chopped.
– In a liquidiser, add the tomatoes, all the powdered spices and a little water. Blitz till the tomatoe is a smooth paste.
– In a pot, heat some oil over a medium heat and add the onions, garlic, salt, bay leaf and cinnamon sticks. Saute till the onions are transparent.
– Add the tomatoe mixture and stir, till everything infuses with each other.
– Add the chopped fillet and cover the pot.
– Once the chicken is soft, add the peas and potatoes and cook till the potatoes are soft.
– You may need to add more water along the way to prevent the food from sticking and to create a nice thick gravy
– Lastly once the food in finished cooking, sprinkle the garam masala over the top
– Serve with roti or rice
Prepared, Tried and Tested by: Bobby Swanson