As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Preheat oven 200C , combine 4 dollops of Flora Gold , 100g dark chocolate, 100g raisins or sultanas and the zest of 1 orange in a small bowl . Roll up puff pastry and cut 10x10cm squares out of pastry , place a dollop of mixture in the center of each squares , brush the edges with egg wash and fold just like crescent rolls , place in baking tray and brush with egg wash and let leave it for about 30 minutes , bake for 30 minute or 35 minutes until golden and puffed up.
For the puff pastry recipe :
225g all purpose flour
225g unsalted butter (2 sticks at room temp )
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup cold water
1 packet instant dried yeast
For the pastry:
1. In a large bowl ,cut the butter roughly into the flour using a pastry blender,dissolve the salt into the water and yeast then drizzle the water into the flour and mix with wooden spoon until the dough comes together. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it rest in fridge for 15 minutes.
2. Dust your work surface with flour and roll the dough out of rectangle vertically in front of you. It should be about the quarter of an inch thick . Try to keep the edges straight,which is easier than done. Gently brush away excess flour on the surface of the dough.
3. Now fold the top edge down the center and do the same with the bottom edge.
4. Then fold the whole thing half , top edge down the bottom edge as if you were closing “Book” this called Book fold. 5. Wrap the dough in plastic and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
5. Repeat steps 2,3,4 three times you will make a total of 4 books folds,resting the dough in fridge for 20 minutes between each fold .
6. Once you were done, wrap the dough in fridge and refrigerate overnight. It will be then ready to roll out …
Submitted, Prepared, tried and tested by: https://www.facebook.com/alljoyslovelycooking/