You won’t believe how easily and quickly you can have Chocolate Chip Muffins on the table using this recipe and it will be perfect with your next cuppa coffee.
- 125g butter, softened
- 75g castor sugar
- 2 eggs
- 175g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 125ml milk
- 175g mini chocolate chips
For the glaze
- 6 tbsp apricot jam
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- Preheat oven to 190C place 10 silicon mould In muffin tin.
- Beat butter and both sugars in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in the eggs, beating until fully incorporated into the mixture.
- Stir in the dry ingredients and gently stir into the mixture.
- Stir in milk until just combined.
- Spoon half the mixture into a silicone mould.
- Sprinkle with half the chocolate chips and cover with the remaining mixture.
- Add the remaining chocolate chips, and bake for about 25 minutes. Until golden.
- For the glaze, heat the apricot jam in a small pan until just melted.
- Add just enough orange juice to make a spreadable glaze.
- Brush the glaze over the warm muffins then place on a wire rack to cool completely.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Alljoyslovelycooking