As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
You won’t believe how easily and quickly you can have Chocolate Chip Muffins on the table using this recipe and it will be perfect with your next cuppa coffee.
- 125g butter, softened
- 75g castor sugar
- 2 eggs
- 175g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 125ml milk
- 175g mini chocolate chips
For the glaze
- 6 tbsp apricot jam
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- Preheat oven to 190C place 10 silicon mould In muffin tin.
- Beat butter and both sugars in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in the eggs, beating until fully incorporated into the mixture.
- Stir in the dry ingredients and gently stir into the mixture.
- Stir in milk until just combined.
- Spoon half the mixture into a silicone mould.
- Sprinkle with half the chocolate chips and cover with the remaining mixture.
- Add the remaining chocolate chips, and bake for about 25 minutes. Until golden.
- For the glaze, heat apricot jam in a small pan until just melted.
- Add just enough orange juice to make a spreadable glaze.
- Brush the glaze over the warm muffins then place on a wire rack to cool completely.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Alljoyslovelycooking
Come and join us on Facebook at our Recipe Group and check out our Online Store