As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
A light, soft, and smooth in texture similar to a sponge cake and wonderful tasty Chocolate Chips Madeleine
What is a Madeleine
The madeleine or petite madeleine is a traditional small cake from Commercy and Liverdun, two communes of the Lorraine region in northeastern France. Madeleines are very small sponge cakes with a distinctive shell-like shape acquired from being baked in pans with shell-shaped depressions.
- 125g (4oz) butter
- 50g 2(oz) ground almonds
- 125g (4oz) icing sugar
- 50g (2oz) plain flour
- 3 large egg whites
- Mini choc chips
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- Grease and dust with flour 12-hole madeleine mould.
- Heat butter until it foams and starts to smell nutty.
- Then leave to cool.
- Combine the ground almond, icing sugar, and flour in a bowl and whisk into egg whites.
- Pour the cooled butter into the bowl and whisk until evenly combined.
- Leave the mixture to rest in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Spoon the mixture into the moulds.
- Place the chocolate chips oven in the madeleines carefully press inside the madeleines.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, transfer to wire rack tool for 2 minutes before serving.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Joy Martin Smyth
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.
Thanks for stopping by
As always, if you make this recipe please leave me a comment, rate the recipe, and tag me @_esmesalon on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch, so please sign up for my newsletter to get delicious homemade tried and tested recipes delivered to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, & Twitter as I would love to connect with you there!
If you require a wonderfully tried and tested recipe book for yourself, or as a gift, please visit the shop and look at all those excellent Recipe eBooks.