We tried out these yummy Churros with chocolate dipping sauce last night, they were absolutely divine!
Ingredients for the Churros:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 tablespoons salt
- Oil for deep frying
- For the cinnamon coating:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon powder
- For the chocolate sauce:
- 250ml fresh cream
- 200g plain dairy milk chocolate
- You will also need a star nozzle (I used a 4cm nozzle) and a piping bag.
- Mix the 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon powder and keep for later, to dip the Churros.
- In a pot, add water, salt, sugar, and oil and bring to a boil, stirring continuously to dissolve sugar.
- After bringing to a boil, remove from the stove and add the flour and stir until doughy ball forms.
- Remove the dough ball from the pot and fill the dough in the piping bag with the nozzle.
- Pipe 8cm sticks on a baking sheet and keep aside or frying.
- Heat oil on medium to low heat so Churros can fry thoroughly, add two to three Churros at a time, and deep fry until golden brown.
- Transfer fried churros onto a paper towel and then into the sugar and cinnamon mix.
Chocolate Sauce Recipe:
- Melt chocolate in a pot, and add the 250ml fresh cream, stirring continuously.
- Keep stirring until cream and chocolate have completely mixed and keep on the stove until the chocolate sauce heats up.
- Remove from the stove after the chocolate sauce is heated and transfer the sauce into a glass bowl.
- Serve the warm Churros on a platter with the chocolate dipping sauce and enjoy!
Prepared, tried, and tested by Priya Nunkumar