Cinnamon-sugar Banana Loaf/Muffins are so easy and super moist and delicious
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 15ml baking powder
- 2ml salt
- 115g margarine
- 1 cup granulated sugar + extra for topping
- 2 large eggs
- 5ml vanilla extract
- 2 mashed ripe bananas.
- ½ cup extra creamy Greek yogurt
- 5ml ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Line pan with muffin papers.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Cream the margarine and 1 cup of sugar, until light and fluffy, with a hand mixer.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and then the vanilla.
- Beat until the mixture turns light yellow.
- Mash the bananas in a small bowl, and stir in the yogurt.
- Stir the flour and the banana, alternating some of each, into the egg and butter mixture.
- Do not over mix, stir just until combined and no flour is visible.
- Scoop and fill the muffin cups evenly.
- Mix together the remaining sugar with the cinnamon. Sprinkle generously over the muffins.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool down for 5-10 minutes; then lift out of the pan onto a wire rack.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Esme Slabbert