I actually made these Coconut Biscuits for the first time after my late grandmother had given me the recipe 32 yrs ago.
Coconut Biscuits have a sweet and tropical flavor that many people enjoy. They are crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside, and they make a great snack or dessert.
Coconut biscuits are delicious! They have a great balance of sweetness and coconut flavor, making them a great treat for any occasion.
- 125g butter (1/4lb)
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp almond
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 eggs
- Cream butter with castor sugar.
- Add egg yolks one at a time.
- Add essence.
- Sift flour & baking powder and add to the above mixture alternately with the milk. (The mixture is like a soft dough – not easy to spread).
- Spread on a flat buttered (I use Spray and Cook) biscuit tin.
- On top spread a thin layer of plum jam (I prefer apricot but any smooth jam would do).
- Beat the egg whites till stiff, then beat in the sugar gradually and lastly stir in the coconut, with a metal spoon.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the jam.
- Bake in the oven at 180C / 350F degrees till the top is dry – about 20 – 25 mins depending on your oven.
- Cut into squares whilst hot and carefully out of the tin, placing onto a cooler.
- When cold, put in a tin with grease-proof paper between the layers.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Hannah from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs
- Serving Size: 1 block
- Calories: 218
- Sugar: 12.7 g
- Sodium: 18.5 mg
- Fat: 13.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 21.1 g
- Fiber: 0.3 g
- Protein: 2.4 g
- Cholesterol: 34.5 mg
Keywords: Coconut, Biscuits
We invite you to join our FB Group and share your own homemade recipes and I will then showcase your recipe and picture with credit to you on the blog.