– 900g x white sugar.
– 300g x desiccated coconut.
– 300ml x milk.
– A few drops of pink food colouring.
– Place the sugar and milk into a heavy based pot.
– Heat gently, stirring until the sugar has dissolved into the milk.
– Raise the heat a little and let it start to boil.
– Cover with lid and let boil for 5 minutes, the mixture should have risen when you take the pot lid off.
– At the same heat, let the mixture boil, uncovered, until when you dip you spoon into the mixture and then straight into cold water it becomes hard.
– Remove from the heat and add the coconut.
– Mix well.
– Quickly pour half the mixture into a greased dish.
– Place the left over mixture in the pot on the warm stove top or place the pot in a sink of hot water to prevent the mixture from becoming stiff.
– Pour the food colouring in and mix till well combined.
– Pour the pink mixture over the white one and make sure its nice and flat.
– Place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
– Dip a sharp knife in hot water and cut into squares, but do not remove from the dish.
– Pop the dish back into the fridge and let it set for about another 2 hours until set.
Prepared, tried and tested by: Bobby Swanson