Coconut Macaroons are a pretty easy recipe, you have to try them
What to make when you have egg whites leftover once you made another dish? I have not made coconut macaroons for years. Next time for a little more color I will lightly toast my coconut and maybe melt some chocolate and drizzle over them.
- 4 egg whites
- 3 cups of desiccated coconut or fresh coconut if you have it.
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- Whisk the egg whites, sugar, vanilla essence, and salt until the mix is soft and frothy.
- Fold in the coconut and put spoonfuls on a lined baking tray.
- Cook in a preheated oven at 350F or 175 C for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on a baking tray.
- This recipe is made about 12 depending on the size of your spoon.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Carol Taylor