These little treats are ultra-thin, super delicious crispy crunchy lacy cookies, and of course sweet!
- 1/4 cup or 55 g butter
- 1/3 cup or 55 g demerara / Light Brown sugar
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons golden or corn syrup (I used Illovo traditional syrup)
- 6 1/2 Tablespoons flour
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons Shredded Coconut
- Preheat the oven to 180C (fan assist 160C ) / 350F
- Line two baking trays with baking parchment.
- Add butter, sugar, and syrup into a small, heavy-based pan.
- Heat gently until the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved. This will take about 7 – 8 minutes over low heat.
- Don’t let the mixture boil as it may crystalize.
- Leave the mixture to cool slightly, about 2-3 minutes, then sieve in the flour.
- Pour in the lemon juice and stir to mix well.
- Drop four teaspoonfuls of the mixture onto each of the prepared baking trays to make neat circles, about 10 cm apart then sprinkle a small amount of coconut onto each drop.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10-15 minutes, (10 mins may be sufficient) or until the mixture is well spread out, looks lacy, and is a dark golden color.
- Once baked, quickly remove them from the oven and sprinkle a very small amount of coconut over the cookies whilst they are still very hot.
- Leave them on the baking tray until they firm up and then transfer them to a cooling rack.
- When they are completely cool, they will be brittle and can break easily, so be gentle with them.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Gail from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes from Home Chefs
Original Source: Love foodies recipe
- Serving Size: 2 cookies
- Calories: 33
- Sugar: 1.9 g
- Sodium: 2.9 mg
- Fat: 2.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.6 g
- Fiber: 0.1 g
- Protein: 0.3 g
- Cholesterol: 5.1 mg
Keywords: Coconut, cookies