As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What on earth do you mean by Crunchy Coco-Nana-Berry Muffins? It’s a combination of my favorite ingredients in one muffin, so please check it out.
- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2ml salt
- 2 overripe bananas, thinly sliced
- ½ cup vegetable oil or VOO
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar or berry sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 170g (6oz) fresh blueberries
- 1½ cups sweetened flaked coconut (1 + ½ cup)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Fold in the fresh blueberries. Berries should have a good coating of flour. Set aside.
- In a glass bowl, beat with an electric mixer the sliced bananas, oil, sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- Fold flour into the wet mixture until just moistened and then add 1 cup shredded coconut and mix lightly.
- Spoon into 12 lined muffin cups and sprinkle with the remaining ½ cup shredded coconut, ± 1 tsp per muffin.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center come out clean.
- Transfer muffins to a rack and cool.
- You can dig in and enjoy them with a cuppa coffee, it or store it in an airtight container.
Original recipe: The Novice Chef
Adapted, tried and tested by Esme Slabs
Thanks for stopping by
As always, if you make this recipe please leave me a comment, rate the recipe, and tag me @_esmesalon on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch, so please sign up for my newsletter to get delicious homemade tried and tested recipes delivered to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, & Twitter as I would love to connect with you there!
If you require a wonderfully tried and tested recipe book for yourself, or as a gift, please visit the shop and look at all those excellent Recipe eBooks.