The taste buds vary so I had to be creative and made Crustless quiche with chicken as well as tinned fish and other fillings for the family
The taste buds vary so I had to be creative. The hubby loves his tinned fish sandwiches when we are traveling and now on the Low Carb lifestyle, there’s no bread so I decided to make tinned fish quiche for hubby and chicken for my son and threw in a few spinach and feta ones as well.
CRUSTLESS CHICKEN QUICHE in muffin pan
- 300g chicken fillet diced and marinated in 1 tbsp chicken spice, garlic salt, black pepper, and dried thyme for 30mins.
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil and fry 1 sliced onion- when brown, add 1/4 diced green peppers and 125 g finely sliced mushrooms and cook for 5mins. Add the chicken and cook for 8mins. Add Black pepper and garlic salt and dried thyme.
- Mix together 6 Eggs, 125ml fresh cream, black pepper, garlic salt, 1/2 cup of grated cheddar cheese, and finely chopped fresh parsley.
- Grease a muffin pan with butter or olive oil.
- Spread chicken, mushroom, and pepper filling on the base of the dish.
- Then pour the egg and cheese mixture over the filling.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cook for 10 – 15 mins until cooked through and golden.
- Cool and serve with a salad
TINNED FISH FILLING
- 1 can of Tinned Fish in brine
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 tomatoes grated
- 2 green chilies finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 5 sprigs of fresh coriander chopped
- Heat oil, and add sauté onions.
- Add garlic paste, curry powder and tomatoes, and salt.
- Cook for 10 minutes and add fish and cook until all the water has dried – needs to be dry otherwise you will have a soggy quiche.
- Assemble as above
SPINACH AND FETA FILLING
- Two bunches of spinach – stalks are cut off, washed, and put in a pot with 1/4 cup of water to wilt down for 5 mins.
- Strain off the water and use the back of a spoon to remove excess water. Put on a chopping board and chop finely.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pot, throw in 4 pieces of whole garlic and a sliced onion the size of a pickle onion, and when golden brown adds spinach and salt to taste.
- Cook for 7mins and mash the garlic well and then add 1 tbsp of butter and 4 tbsp of cream cheese and 1 round of Feta cheese.
- Stir until the butter and cream and feta cheese are melted and give you a smooth sauce.
- Sprinkle with black pepper.
- ASSEMBLY AS ABOVE
Prepared, tried, and tested by: Omi Nair
Thanks for stopping by
- If you liked this post, please share it on Pinterest, Facebook, or Twitter. It will be awesome if you care to leave us a rating and review once you prepared this recipe. ♥
- If you’re in need of a wonderfully tried and tested recipe book for yourself, or as a gift, please do visit the shop and have a look at all those awesome Recipe eBooks.
- Amazon: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases from the United States, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom.
If you from time to time do online shopping through Amazon, I will be grateful for your support using any of my links. Please take a look at any of the recipes on this blog. Either use a regular link or an image with the Buy from Amazon purple button. Thank you for your support and for using my links.