The taste buds vary so I had to be creative and made Crustless quiche with chicken as well as tinned fish and other fillings for the family
The taste buds vary so I had to be creative. The hubby loves his tinned fish sandwiches when we are traveling and now on the Low Carb lifestyle, there’s no bread so I decided to make tinned fish quiche for hubby and chicken for my son and threw in a few spinach and feta ones as well.
CRUSTLESS CHICKEN QUICHE in muffin pan
- 300g chicken fillet diced and marinated in 1 tbsp chicken spice, garlic salt, black pepper, and dried thyme for 30mins.
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil and fry 1 sliced onion- when brown, add 1/4 diced green peppers and 125 g finely sliced mushrooms and cook for 5mins. Add the chicken and cook for 8mins. Add Black pepper and garlic salt and dried thyme.
- Mix together 6 Eggs, 125ml fresh cream, black pepper, garlic salt, 1/2 cup of grated cheddar cheese, and finely chopped fresh parsley.
- Grease a muffin pan with butter or olive oil.
- Spread chicken, mushroom, and pepper filling on the base of the dish.
- Then pour the egg and cheese mixture over the filling.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cook for 10 – 15 mins until cooked through and golden.
- Cool and serve with a salad
TINNED FISH FILLING
- 1 can of Tinned Fish in brine
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 tomatoes grated
- 2 green chilies finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 5 sprigs of fresh coriander chopped
- Heat oil, and add sauté onions.
- Add garlic paste, curry powder and tomatoes, and salt.
- Cook for 10 minutes and add fish and cook until all the water has dried – needs to be dry otherwise you will have a soggy quiche.
- Assemble as above
SPINACH AND FETA FILLING
- Two bunches of spinach – stalks are cut off, washed, and put in a pot with 1/4 cup of water to wilt down for 5 mins.
- Strain off the water and use the back of a spoon to remove excess water. Put on a chopping board and chop finely.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pot, throw in 4 pieces of whole garlic and a sliced onion the size of a pickle onion, and when golden brown adds spinach and salt to taste.
- Cook for 7mins and mash the garlic well and then add 1 tbsp of butter and 4 tbsp of cream cheese and 1 round of Feta cheese.
- Stir until the butter and cream and feta cheese are melted and give you a smooth sauce.
- Sprinkle with black pepper.
- ASSEMBLY AS ABOVE
Prepared, tried, and tested by: Omi Nair
Thanks a bunch for swinging by!
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I’m on the lookout for your amazing recreations, and I just can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
Let’s not lose touch – sign up for my newsletter, and I’ll deliver scrumptious, foolproof recipes right to your inbox. And hey, why not join the party on Pinterest, Instagram, and Threads? I’d love to connect with you there and share our foodie adventures!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast your eyes on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!