Beautiful, yummy Easy Cheese Straws for a platter to serve at your next get-together. Everybody will ask for this recipe, so make lots to go around.
- 200 gr Self-raising flour
- 125 gr butter
- 1 whole egg and 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon dry basil or any dry herbs
- 1 cup cheese Parmesan works well
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup water
- Mix together flour, paprika, dry herbs, cheese & butter, and work together until looking like dough crumbs
- Add egg and yolk and work together
- Add water slowly to the mixture and knead until it forms a nice dough
- Let dough rest for 30 mins
- Cut long sticks and twist sticks and bake them in preheated oven at 180C for about 15 to 20 mins
- Let it cool and enjoy.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Denzel Koenana
A Few More Serving Suggestions:
Thanks for stopping by
As always, if you make this recipe please leave me a comment, rate the recipe, and tag me @_esmesalon on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch, so please sign up for my newsletter to get delicious homemade tried and tested recipes delivered to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, & Twitter as I would love to connect with you there!
If you require a wonderfully tried and tested recipe book for yourself, or as a gift, please visit the shop and look at all those excellent Recipe eBooks.