I got the idea from another Chicken Pie, but tweaked it, to make it my own. I doubled the quantities and it made 3 Tasty Easy Healthy Crustless Chicken Pies.
- 1lb or 500grams of Chicken breasts. (Or use a whole chicken if you like dark meat)
- Salt and pepper to taste. I do not use salt but will serve Himalayan pink salt to grind if needed.
- Juice and rinds of 1 lime, and I lemon. Worcestershire Sauce and Balsamic Vinegar.
- 1/2 lb or 250 g of sliced brown mushrooms
- 1/2 lb or 250g of chopped sweet onions
- 4 cloves or more of chopped garlic
- 2 heaped tsp of chopped parsley
- 1lb or 500 g of veggies. I used several kinds of beans (fresh not dried) carrots and a small parsnip
- 4 organic eggs beaten
- 1 medium tub plain live yogurt (pour off liquid if any)
- 1 roll package soft goat cheese (I got mine from the farmers market).
- Grated sharp cheddar and grated Reggiano cheese to sprinkle on top.
- Sweet Spanish Paprika to sprinkle on top.
Mix together in a bowl until thick and smooth and put aside:
- Put chicken and chopped citrus in the slow cooker until tender and cooked.
- With a little oil and a few shakes of Worcestershire Sauce and a little Balsamic vinegar.
- When done cut into small pieces as shown. Put aside.
- In a skillet, add 5 tbsp sunflower oil, and chopped onions, and garlic.
- When they are transparent, add mushrooms to absorb the oils.
- When they are plump, add the rest of the vegetables and parsley and simmer until tender but still crisp.
- Mix chicken, veggies, and egg mixture together and put into pie dish.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on top and finish with Paprika.
- Bake at 375 F or 180C for 35-40 minutes until set and the top is a nice golden brown color.
- Serve with a nice green salad.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Carolyn Gallon