As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I got the idea from another Chicken Pie, but tweaked it, to make it my own. I doubled the quantities and it made 3 Tasty Easy Healthy Crustless Chicken Pies.
- 1lb or 500grams of Chicken breasts. (Or use a whole chicken if you like dark meat)
- Salt and pepper to taste. I do not use salt but will serve Himalayan pink salt to grind if needed.
- Juice and rinds of 1 lime, and I lemon. Worcestershire Sauce and Balsamic Vinegar.
- 1/2 lb or 250 g of sliced brown mushrooms
- 1/2 lb or 250g of chopped sweet onions
- 4 cloves or more of chopped garlic
- 2 heaped tsp of chopped parsley
- 1lb or 500 g of veggies. I used several kinds of beans (fresh not dried) carrots and a small parsnip
- 4 organic eggs beaten
- 1 medium tub plain live yogurt (pour off liquid if any)
- 1 roll package soft goat cheese (I got mine from the farmers market).
- Grated sharp cheddar and grated Reggiano cheese to sprinkle on top.
- Sweet Spanish Paprika to sprinkle on top.
Mix together in a bowl until thick and smooth and put aside:
- Put chicken and chopped citrus in the slow cooker until tender and cooked.
- With a little oil and a few shakes of Worcestershire Sauce and a little Balsamic vinegar.
- When done cut into small pieces as shown. Put aside.
- In a skillet, add 5 tbsp sunflower oil, and chopped onions, and garlic.
- When they are transparent, add mushrooms to absorb the oils.
- When they are plump, add the rest of the vegetables and parsley and simmer until tender but still crisp.
- Mix chicken, veggies, and egg mixture together and put into pie dish.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on top and finish with Paprika.
- Bake at 375 F or 180C for 35-40 minutes until set and the top is a nice golden brown color.
- Serve with a nice green salad.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Carolyn Gallon
13 thoughts on “Easy Healthy Crustless Chicken Pie”
This looks amazing. I have 2 HUGE problems (both mainly being my husband) and IS 1: allergic to mushrooms which I can’t get enough of and 2: kosher so can’t mix milk and meat😭😭.
A big problem and one of my absolute favorite dishes is chicken a la king but I can’t find a really nice tasty recipe using neither of those ingredients or at least to have substitutes. Does anyone have any ideas?
Hannah, I will look into this for you and should I find sonething useful, will keep you posted.
Hannah, try this recipe, but just omit the mushrooms and substitute with green peas.
You may also wish to look at the following:
Hope this will help.
Hi Esmé, I have nominated you for The Mystery Blogger Award. Please click the link for detail. Feel free to accept or decline. If you accept, have fun doing it.
Oh WOW WOW and again WOW. Thank you for bestowing me ith this honor. I do accept
I am so happy that you accept. When you posted it, would you leave me a link so that I could read it right away. I’d love to read it!
Sure will do, hope to get to it in a day or two. Thanks again.
What I usually do is copy the who page (my post), that do the editing to make it your. It saves you time to type everything.
Thanks for the tip, good idea
Sorry, still busy typing and poof off it went. I do accept this nomination and will work on it as soon as possible and pay it forward. 🌹🌹🌹. Thanks again.
Oh, I waited for a while before I did it. The nomination is yours, you can do it any time at your convenience. No pressure. I’m taking it easy the next 10 days to enjoy my family. I will check my blog off and on!! 🙂
Better do it asap or else I will not get to it. Fortunately on vacation this week so best to do it soon. 💐💐
Good for you!!