As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Getting into the Easter mood. Make Eggless Carrot Muffins and decorate them with cream cheese, marshmallow bunny ears, and mini speckled eggs.
Ingredients for Eggless Carrot Muffins
- 1¼ cup (312.5 ml) cake flour
- 1 cup (250 ml) plain yogurt.
- ¾ cup (187.5 ml) grated carrots.
- 2 tbsp (10 ml) plus ¼ cup (62.5 ml) = total of 72.5 ml cooking oil.
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder.
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) bicarbonate of soda.
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon powder.
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) mixed spice powder.
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) vanilla essence.
- A pinch of salt.
- ¾ cup (187.5 ml) castor sugar.
- ½ cup (125 ml) chopped pecan nuts.
Ingredients for Icing
- 100g icing sugar
- 250g plain cream cheese
- 100g margarine
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Place two bowls side by side.
- In bowl number one, sift the cake flour, the baking powder and the bicarbonate of soda, the salt, the cinnamon, and the mixed spice and put aside.
- In bowl number 2, mix the yogurt, the oil, the vanilla essence, and the sugar till all the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the flour mixture little by little to bowl number two.
- Mix well till everything is combined.
- Add the carrots and the pecan nuts and mix well.
- Grease your muffin pans and put paper cups in the holes.
- Fill each paper cup ¾ way and bake till golden brown.
- Place on a wire rack to cool.
Method for Icing
- Mix the butter and the icing sugar together, till well combined. The mixture should look fluffy.
- Add the vanilla essence and the cream cheese and mix well.
- Put into a piping bag and design the top of the muffin to your design.
- Add a pecan nut to the top and also grate some pecan nuts over the muffin.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Bobby
Some more Recipes you should check out
Thanks for stopping by
As always, if you make this recipe please leave me a comment, rate the recipe, and tag me @_esmesalon on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Let’s keep in touch, so please sign up for my newsletter to get delicious homemade tried and tested recipes delivered to your inbox. And don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, & Twitter as I would love to connect with you there!
If you require a wonderfully tried and tested recipe book for yourself, or as a gift, please visit the shop and look at all those excellent Recipe eBooks.