Getting into the Easter mood.
I made eggless carrot cupcakes which I iced with cream cheese and decorated with marshmellow bunny ears and mini speckled eggs
INGREDIENTS FOR THE MUFFINS:
– 1¼ cup cake flour.
– 1 cup plain yoghurt.
– ¾ x cup grated carrots.
– 2 tbls plus ¼ cup cooking oil.
– 1 tsp baking powder.
– ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda.
– 1 tsp cinnamon powder.
– ½ tsp mixed spice powder.
– ½ tsp vanilla essence.
– A pinch of salt.
– ¾ cup castor sugar.
– ½ cup chopped pecan nuts.
INGREDIENTS FOR ICING SUGAR:
– 100g icing sugar.
– 250g plain cream cheese.
– 100g margarine.
– 1tsp vanilla essence.
– Pre heat the oven to 180ºc.
– Place two bowls side by side.
– In bowl number one, sift the cake flour, the baking powder and the bicarbonate of soda, the salt, the cinnamon and the mixed spice and put aside.
– In bowl number 2, mix the yoghurt, the oil, the vanilla essence and the sugar till all the sugar has dissolved.
– Add the flour mixture little by little to bowl number two. Mix well till everything is combined.
– Add the carrots and the pecan nuts and mix well.
– Grease your muffin pans and put paper cups in the holes.
– Fill each paper cup ¾ way and bake till golden brown.
Place on a wire rack to cool.
METHOD FOR ICING:
Mix the butter and the icing sugar together, till well combined. The mixture should look fluffy.
– Add the vanilla essence and the cream cheese and mix well.
– Put into a piping bag and design the top of the muffin to your design.
– Add a pecan nut to the top and also grate some pecan nuts over the muffin.
Prepared, tried and tested by: Bobby Swanson