Eggless rainbow cake
– 2 x cups cake flour.
– 1 x cup castor sugar.
– ½ x cup cooking oil.
– ½ x tsp salt.
– 1 x tsp vanilla essence.
– 1 x tbsp. white vinegar.
– 1 x cup water.
– 1 x tsp bicarbonate of soda.
– a drop of your choice of colour food colour… becareful too much will make the colour dark and spoil the effect.
– Sift together, salt, flour and bicarbonate of soda.
– In another bowl, beat sugar, water, oil , vinegar, food colouring and vanilla essence together.
– And the water mixture to the flour mixture.
– Mix well till everything is well combined.
– Pour into a greased cake tin.
– Bake in a preheated oven @180 degrees for 25 – 30 minutes or until the cake tester comes out clean
This recipe will be repeated depending on the number of layers you want to make…so if you want to make a double layer, then you will make the recipe twice.
The icing I used was ready made butter cream icing.
Prepared, tried and tested by Bobby Swanson