An old Fresh Cream Slices recipe that my mum used to make for Sunday tea in the summer
An old recipe that my mum used to make for Sunday tea in the summer. This recipe was resurrected when we moved to Thailand at the request of the Expats and a firm favorite as it turned out where many recipes both new and old were sampled and requested.
- A pack of frozen puff pastry.
- Strawberry jam/conserve
- A pot of fresh cream, whipped.
- Icing Sugar to finish.
- To make just thaw your puff pastry and roll out.
- Cut into rectangles.
- Put on a baking tray and put in a pre-heated oven at 200C.
- Bake until well risen and golden.
- Remove from oven onto a wire cooling rack.
- When cool split the pastries in half spread with the jam and then the cream.
- To finish sprinkle icing sugar over the top.
- Chill in the fridge until required although mine never seemed to get as far as the fridge.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Carol Taylor