Frittata with Bacon Broccoli and Mushrooms is a great way to make a nutritious, balanced meal with a variety of flavors and textures. The bacon adds a smoky, salty flavor, the broccoli adds a slight crunch, and the mushrooms provide earthy depth.
What is a Frittata?
Frittata is an egg-based Italian dish similar to an omelet or crustless quiche or scrambled eggs. With a Frittata you will add additional ingredients such as meats, cheeses, vegetables, or whatever you fancy.
Did you know, that the word frittata is Italian and roughly translates to “fried.”
What’s the difference between an omelet and a frittata?
Unlike omelets, frittata fillings are mixed in with the eggs in the pan rather than folded in the center. Omelets are typically made to serve just one, while frittatas can serve one or many. It can also be eaten hot or at room temperature. Large frittatas are cut into slices and served.Print
Frittata with Bacon, Broccoli & Mushrooms
Even though frittatas are usually seen as breakfast dishes, I like them any time of day. This one, in particular, was delicious for dinner.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Easy
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Get an ovenproof frying pan or wide pot and fry the onions in butter.
- Add the bacon and fry to your liking — I like it when the edges just start to crisp up.
- Add the broccoli and mushrooms and stir occasionally until tender.
- Add the minced garlic and one sprig of finely chopped coriander.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, baking powder, cream, parsley, a pinch of salt and cracked black pepper together.
- Turn the heat off and add the egg mixture to your cooked veggies, bacon, and onions.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on top.
- Bake uncovered for 25 to 35 minutes (depending on your ovenproof dish).
- Allow to cool slightly, garnish with fresh coriander leaves and enjoy.
Prepared, tried and tested by Jana Cooks
Thank you for visiting and checking out this recipe
If you whip up this delightful recipe, drop me a line, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on @_esmesalon on Instagram. I will be looking for your amazing recreations, and I can’t get enough of those mouthwatering pics!
And guess what? If you’re looking for a fantastic tried-and-true recipe book, swing by the shop and feast on our collection of excellent Recipe eBooks. They make for a perfect treat for yourself or a food-loving friend!
We happily share our awesome recipes and are excited to sprinkle some love by sharing our posts at these awesome Linkup Parties.
Copyright © 2024 esmesalon.com – All rights reserved.