This is an indian sweetmeat, that can be enjoyed over tea with loved ones.
– 500g x self raising flour.
– 1 ½ x tsp cardamom powder.
– 200ml desiccated coconut.
– 800ml cold milk.
– ¾ x tsp salt.
– 1 x cup sugar.
– Oil for deep frying.
– Add all the ingredients together.
– Mix well to form a medium thick batter.
– Heat oil for deepfrying.
– Add a spoonful of batter to the oil and fry till the outside is nice and crispy and golden brown.
– Drain on a kitchen towel.
– And enjoy with a nice cup of tea
Prepared, tried and tested: Bobby Swanson