How to Bake the Best Homemade Bread. This is an easy bread recipe made with simple ingredients you will have at home.
What is the secret to making good bread?
Egg wash turns the bread golden and gives a softer crust. Milk washes in the last few minutes are good for a sandwich-style loaf and give a glossy brown, soft crust. Brush loaves or rolls with oil or water and roll in seeds or grains to coat before baking. The oil softens the crust, water keeps it crisper.Print
How to bake the Best Homemade Bread
Here is all you need to know about making the perfect and most delicious loaf of Homemade Yeast White Bread
- Prep Time: 13 minutes
- Bake Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours 3 minutes
- Yield: 8 – 10 servings depending on size 1x
- Category: Bread Recipes
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp yeast
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 35ml oil
- 300ml warm water
- Sift all dry ingredients together.
- Add the yeast and mix through.
- Add oil and water and make a soft dough.
- Knead for 8 minutes and place in a well oiled dish.
- Cover with cling wrap and leave to rest for 60 minutes
- Then gently punch it down and place in a well greased baking tin.
- Again cover for 30 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180C / 350F degrees for 20 minutes
- Enjoy with a huge dollop of real butter
Prepared, tried, and tested by Jennifer from The Recipe Hunter: Tried and Tested Recipes From Home Chefs
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 296
- Sugar: 4
- Sodium: 101
- Fat: 6
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 5
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 52
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 7
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: homemade bread
Why is my homemade bread so dense?
Dense or heavy bread can result from not kneading the dough long enough and mixing the salt and yeast together or Losing patience in the middle of molding your bread if there is not enough tension in your finished loaf before baking.
What does milk do for bread?
Milk creates bread that is richer and has a more velvety texture. Milk makes a softer crust that will brown more quickly due to the sugar and butterfat in milk. Milk also improves the keeping quality of bread and contributes nutrients.