Meet Darlene Foster from Darlene Foster’s Blog
All about your BLOG: Tell us about your lovely BLOG.
- What is the name of your blog and how did you decide on your blog name?
My blog is simply named Darlene Foster’s Blog because I want people to be able to find it easily. My tagline is dreamer of dreams, teller of tales but it no longer shows up under my name and I can’t seem to fix it.
- What prompted you to start on this blogging journey?
My publisher suggested I start a blog when she published my first book in 2010. I’m so glad she did.
- To date, what blogging achievement/s are you most proud of?
My blog is read all over the world and that makes me happy. I’ve made a shed load of friends too which makes me even happier.
- How would you describe your own blogging style?
Natural, friendly, and easy to read.
- What excites you most about blogging?
Making new friends always excites me. I love being able to share all the fabulous places I have visited, stories about my amazing family and news about my books.
- What platform do you use and why?
I use WordPress because it is easy for me to use.
- What genre/topic/theme do you blog about? Do you ever deviate from that theme?
I blog about reading, writing, traveling, family and dreams. Sometimes I blog about my books.
- How often do you blog per week or month?
I try to blog about once a week. I don’t have a schedule.
- Do you have any wisdom or tip/s regarding blogging to share with us?
Include pictures with your posts. I tend not to read posts without pictures and I think many people feel the same. And don’t be overly wordy. We are all busy with many blogs to read. Keep it simple. I don’t usually read rants but that’s just a personal thing.
- Do you participate in linkup parties? How do you feel about it?
I don’t typically join linkup parties as I just don’t have time. I love Senior Salon though.
All about YOU: Tell us something about you, the real YOU.
- What do you like to do other than blogging?
Write books, read books, cook, bake, chat with friends and family, and walk my dog.
- Where do you reside?
I am a Canadian with a house on the Costa Blanca in Spain where I spend much of my time.
- Are you an indoor or outdoor person?
In Canada I am more of an indoor person, in Spain, I am an outdoor person as I love the sunny warm weather. My husband says I am solar powered!
- Do you still work, and if so, what is your trade/profession?
I work hard at being a writer, writing and promoting my books.
- Or are you retired? If so, what do you do besides blogging?
I am retired from my 9 to 5 job and spend my days enjoying the sun, writing my children’s books, and travelling.
- Do you wish to be 20-something or the age you are now and why?
I am happy with the age I am now. There is so much I didn’t know in my 20s. It was a confusing time for me. I’m still confused but not as much. (Or maybe I don’t care now!)
- What makes your day a good and happy one?
Every day the sun shines is a good and happy day for me.
- Describe yourself in 3 words.
Positive, energetic, determined
- Share with us 3 interesting facts about yourself.
I barely graze five feet, I´ve worn glasses since grade three and I never learned to type. I guess these are not that interesting but they are facts. Had you would ask for made-up things, I could come up with some more interesting things.
- Do you have any other tidbits to share with us about yourself?
I´m a vegetarian, I´ve never met a vegetable I didn´t like. Except for cucumbers, I´ve met a few cucumbers I didn´t like, or rather they didn´t like me.
Also, I identify with children better than with adults. My best conversations are with kids although now that I have a dog, I have good conversations with her too.
Last but not least:
- Please share with us your social media links, in order for our readers to follow you!
I know you want to do the 20 + 1 Interview Questions I look forward hearing from you!