2 pieces of boneless chicken thighs,
1 pack of rice paper sheets,
Half a cucumber,
A stem of spring onion
fresh coriander leaves,
Sweet chilli sauce,
Toasted sesame oil.
* marinade the boneless chicken thighs in sweet chilli sauce for 1 hour.
* put 2 tbls of olive oil in a frying pan until hot (mark 3). Then shallow fry the chicken for 15 minutes on each side.
Cut into strips (5cm long and 1cm thick)
* grate the carrot, spring onion and a handful of coriander leaves and place together in a bowl. Add 1tspn of toasted sesame oil for an aromatic and nutty flavor;
* peel the avocado and cut the cucumber into small sticks (5cm long and half cm thick), and put to a side;
* add a hand full of vermicelli into a bowl and pour over with boiling water until covered. Put lid on and leave for 5 minutes until soft and drain out the water.
Add 1 tbls of sweet chilli sauce for taste;
Rice paper roll
* add hot water into a flat wide container or dinner plate and soak 2 sheets of rice paper together for about 20 seconds or until the rice paper goes soft and elastic.
Then take the rice paper out from the water and place in flat on top of a clean dry tea towel.
Add a pinch of rice vermicelli neatly on top of the rice paper (in the center).
Then pile on a few pieces of chicken strips, a pinch of the carrot mixture, 2 sticks of cucumber and 2 sticks of avocado.
Then lift the the right side of the rice paper over the filling, then the left side followed by the bottom and role towards the top so that the filling is fully enclosed into a rice paper roll.
Make as many rolls as you like and serve with slices of carrot and cucumber on the side with a tub of sweet chilli sauce, for a light and flavor packed meal.
Prepared, Tried and Tested by: Jakia Shan