How To Make Jalapeno Poppers With Bacon, All Jalapeno lovers will be in Jalapeno heaven
Background on Jalapeno Poppers with Bacon
I have had an ongoing tussle with Jalapeno poppers and finally found a way which is easier than trying to keep the breadcrumbs on them when you deep fry a little healthier and everyone liked them. Got to make some more today.
- 12 Jalapenos halved
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups of mozzarella shredded (I didn’t have any) so omitted this.
- 2 tbsp coriander
- 2 chopped green onions
- 8 strips of bacon cooked and crispy
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- Squeeze lime juice
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- A little olive oil to drizzle
- Clean and halve the jalapenos (use gloves) I don’t I just thoroughly wash my hands after.
- Place halves on a baking sheet or dish (I halved this recipe) so a dish was sufficient.
- Mix the cream cheese, shredded mozzarella (if using) coriander, squeeze of lime, bacon pieces, and season black pepper.
- Fill the little Jalapeno boats with the mix.
- Then mix breadcrumbs and parmesan and spoon over the top of the mix.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil and pop in a hot oven 200 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- When ready cool for 5 minutes and enjoy.
- I personally don’t think it needed the mozzarella as was cheesy enough.
- The jalapenos were still quite crisp.
- I thought they could do with longer in the oven.
- I was however outvoted and the menfolk liked them very much so I think down to personal taste.
- This was also far easier and less messy than trying to keep the breadcrumbs on whole jalapenos and better to eat.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Carol Taylor