4 cups of bread flour, plus more
1/3 cup honey
1 cup milk
1 packet instant dry yeast
Tbsp of salt
4 tbsp ( 1 stick ) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
Non stick spray for coating the pan
Unsalted butter, melted for brushing ..
1. Cook 1/2 cup the flour and 1 cup of water in a small saucepan over medium heat, whisking constantly, until thick paste forms, add honey and cook, whisking constantly to blend well until honey dissolves.
2. Transfer mixture to the bowl of standing mixer fitted with dough hook and add milk, yeast, salt, egg, and the remaining flour knead on medium speed until dough is smooth about 5 minutes, add butter 1 at a time , fully incorporating into dough before adding the next piece. Dough shoul be smooth, shiny and elastic about 4 minutes.
3. Transfer dough into an oiled bowl, turning once to coat, cover and let it rise for 1 hour.
4. Turn out the dough into floured surface , coat a baking pan with non stick spray and roll the dough divide it into 24 pieces and shape it into golf balls. Place the balls dough into prepared pan and let it rise for 30 minutes until doubled in size.
5. Preheat oven 375F , brush the dough with melted butter and sprinkle some salt, bake for 25 minutes until golden brown . Brush with melted butter again
6. Transfer to wire rack and cool completely .
Recipe by : King Arthur
Made by : Joy Martin Smyth