1 cup margarine
2 cups sugar
3 cups flour
3 teaspoons BP
1 cup milk
Pinch of salt
1. Cream the margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time.
2. Sift the flour, BP and salt together, Add to creamed mixture, alternately with the milk.
3. Bake in a well greased oven grilled pan at 180 degree for +- 30 mins or until baked
When cooled, cut into squares
6 cups icing sugar
4 tablespoon cocoa
1/4 cup margarine
2/3 cup water
Dessicated coconut for decoration
1 sift icing sugar and cocoa. Into a saucepan
Add the margarine and stir over low heat
2. Add water gradually and stir until margarine has melted amd icing is smooth and thin enough for dipping.
3. Dip cake in icing and roll in coconut
4. Place on a cooling rack and allow to dry.
Recipe from Blue Ribbon
Prepared, tried and tested by: Thilleshni Govender