Looking for a light and flavorful dinner?
- 4 Chicken Breasts (skinless)
- 2/3 cloves garlic.
- 1 tbsp capers (rinsed)
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley.
- Half lemon sliced.
- 1/4 cup lemon juice.
- 1/2 pint chicken stock.
- 5 tbsp Olive Oil.
- 2 tbsp Butter.
- Parley for garnish.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, with 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- When the oil starts to sizzle, add 2 pieces of chicken and cook for 3 minutes.
- When the chicken is browned, flip and cook the other side for 3 minutes.
- Remove and transfer to plate.
- Add another 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- When oil starts to sizzle, add the other 2 pieces of chicken and brown both sides in the same manner.
- Remove pan from heat and add chicken to the plate.
- Into the pan add the lemon juice, stock, capers, and garlic.
- Return to stove and bring to boil, scraping up brown bits from the pan for extra flavor.
- Check for seasoning and add lemon slices and parsley.
- Return all the chicken to the pan and simmer for 5/10 minutes depending on the size of breasts.
Remove chicken to a platter.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter to sauce and whisk vigorously.
- Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with parsley.
- Serve with boiled rice or potatoes of your choice and steamed broccoli and cauliflower.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Carol Taylor