As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
1 pound butter,softened
2 cups sugar
6 large eggs,this vary on the size of your egg so it might be less than 6
4 cups flour
3/4 cups milk
1 tsp almond extract/ essence
1 tsp vanilla extract
For the chocolate ganache
100g dark chocolate
1/4 cup double cream
1. Beat butter at medium speed with electric mixer until creamy ( the butter will become light yellow ) it will take abput 5 minutes, gradually add sugar,beating at medium speed until light and fluffy ( again the times vary and butter will turn to fluffy white )
2. Add eggs one at a time beating just until yellow yolk dissapear.
3. Add flour to creamed mixture alternately with milk beginning and ending with flour beating at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in extract.
4. Pour into greased and floured 10″ tube pan .
5. Bake at 300C for 1 hour and 40 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean . Remove from pan and cool completely.
To make the frosting :
1. Break the chocolate into pieces place in bowl. Heat the cream in saucepan quickly and pour in chocolate until it melts … Cool in a room temperature and drizzle over your cake …
Prepared, tried and tested by: https://www.facebook.com/alljoyslovelycooking/