Moo Krob Crispy Pork and Kale is a favorite food in Thailand.
- 2 Belly Pork Strips.
- 8/10 Large leaves of Kale. I use a lot of kale as we love it!
- 3/4 cloves Garlic. squashed with the flat blade of a knife.
- 2/3 birds eye chilies.
- 2 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2/3 shakes of Maggi Sauce.(Seasoning sauce)
- ½ tbsp. oil. (I use coconut oil)
- Cook Belly Pork in the oven until tender and crispy. For about 30 mins.
- I normally cook on about 180/200C to start and then reduce heat slightly to 160C.
- When tender you should turn up the heat to crisp pork. Take out and chop into bite-size pieces.
- Heat a wok or large frypan and add ½ tablespoon oil.
- Add crushed garlic and chilies, add little hot water and cook for 1 minute, at this point the chilies may overpower you, turn on expel fan and add chopped kale.
- Stems first if using as take longer to cook
- I use stems of Kale also if they if quite a thick slice into 2-inch pieces.
- Cook for 2 mins and add remainder of Kale leaves and turn over a few times, I use fish slice as I find it easier to just turn kale over. Serve with steamed rice.
Prepared, tried, and tested by Carol Taylor