A lovely Mother’s Day Herb Crusted Rack of Lamb, or any occasion.
Ingredients and Method
- 1 kg Loin rack of Lamb
- Salt and black pepper on the lamb rack.
- Preheat oven to 230 C
- In a large skillet brown the lamb with 2 tbsp olive oil on all sides for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Mix together 1 tbsp Dijon mustard with a little water and baste over all sides of the lamb.
- On a large serving tray add 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs, 2 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp minced garlic, 2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary, 2 tbsp chopped parsley, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 2 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Roll lamb rack in the breadcrumb mix to cover all sides.
- Cover the bones with tin foil to prevent charring.
- Place in preheated oven and roast for 35 mins to 45 mins. Remove from oven and slice between the ribs.
- Increase oven temp to grill and grill for a further 15 mins or longer if you prefer it well done.
- The lamb ribs should still be pink.
- Serve with gravy and oven-roasted vegetables
Prepared, tried, and tested by Gail Haselsteiner