I wish to express my deepest and honest thankfulness to MIRIAM HURDLE for nominating me for “The Mystery Blogger Award”. Please visit her blog THE SHOWERS OF BLESSING and read her wonderful and inspiring blog and read all about Giving and Receiving Blessings.
Rules for the nominees:
- Display the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to the nominator’s blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Answer 5 questions from the nominator
- Nominate 10 bloggers
- Notify your nominees by leaving the nomination post link in the “comment” of their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice, with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share your link to your best post(s)
Three things about me:
- I am born and raised in South Africa, and moved to Vancouver, BC, Canada ± 20 years ago.
- I have a Daughter and a Son and they now both have two kiddies each, making me a Grandmother to our 4 wonderful and loving grandchildren.
- I am married for almost 40 years to an awesome and fantastic husband, friend and partner.
- Have you done any baking from scratch? What did you make?
As a food blogger, I try my best to do a lot of baking from scratch, although I will make use an excisiting recipe, and modify it so much that it has no resemblance to the original recipe, as a recipe to me is only a guide and a starting point.
The following would be a perfect example:
Es’s Vegan Yogurt and Applesauce Mini Cakes
- Do you have any hobbies? Please name some.
Beside blogging, I love to read, and if time permit, I love to hand embroider gift cards.
- What are your favorite animals? Are they your pets?
Pugs, My childhood pet.
- What is the furthest country you have traveled? Which country?
From South Africa to Vancouver, Canada
- Have you slipped and fell in front of people? How did you feel?
Yes, slipped and fell, and broke my shoulder and wrist some 10+ years ago.
I immediately checked to see if seen by anyone (still not sure if any of the neighbors saw it). Fortunately, it was already rather dark and mid-winter as at present, so maybe I got lucky on that one. I must admit that I felt like a total moron as I slipped on black ice and knew it could happen any moment.
I would like to nominate the following brilliant Blogs:
THE LEMON AND JAR
Eating on the Grounds
BELLE PAPILLON 24/7
Inside the Ivy Cottage on Bertie
Cookies and Chemistry
BAKES & BLOOMS
THE CARAMEL-COATED COOK
My 5 Questions to the above listed nominees:
- What prompted you to start blogging? Please, provide a link to your most ‘liked’ post.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- How often do you post to your blog? Do you post daily, weekly or monthly?
- As a food blogger, I need to ask this: Which do you like best: Cooking or Baking?
- Do you have any phobia?
Congratulations to all the nominees!
You are under no obligation to accept, although my wish and hope is that this award will mean something to you, and I will sincerely appreciate it if you do accept the nomination.
I can understand that not all may have the time and liking to participate, thus will not be offended if you do not see your way open to pay this forward.
This is my way to say that I care about each of you and wish to give credit where credit is due, as you are a remarkable blogger and hopefully alert other bloggers of your awesome work!
Miriam’s Original Post