3cups self raising flour
1/2 tsp salt
5 tbsp butter
1 cup milk
1) Sift the flour and salt into a bowl.
2) Rub the butter with the tips of fingers until mixture. Is fine soft crumble.
3) Make a well in the center of bowl and stir in the milk with a knife to form a soft dough.
4) Turn onto floured surface and knead lightly
5) Pat dough gently to 2cm thickness and cut out with a floured scone cutter.
6) Place in greased scone tray and brush lightly with milk .
7) Bake at 200C for 15-20 minutes
8) Turn out into a tea towel lined dish and cover and wrap with another towel.
9) Leave for 5 minutes or until cold
10) Serve with jam or cream if desire.
Bakers Note: best eaten the same day but they do taste good up to 3 days. Suitable to freeze.
Prepared, tried and tested by: https://www.facebook.com/alljoyslovelycooking/